Sarasota County is hosting six open houses, starting Monday, June 20, to address changes to Federal Emergency Management Agency floodplain maps that take effect Nov. 4. The open houses, which will be held in multiple locations and feature staff members from both the county and the municipalities, are an opportunity to ask questions about potential changes to the flood zone. DETAILS can be found here.
The digitized flood maps are now avail- able and can indicate whether a property’s flood risk has
changed. If there’s a risk zone changed, flood insurance may be required by a homeowner’s lender when the new flood maps become effective on November 4.
Open houses will be held – from 4:00 to 7:00pm – at the following locations:
- June 20, Venice Community Center, 326 S. Nokomis Ave., Venice.
- June 21, Englewood Sports Complex, 1300 South River Road, Englewood.
- June 23, Morgan Family Community Center, 6207 W. Price Blvd., North Port.
- June 27, Southgate Community Center, 3145 Southgate Circle, Sarasota.
- June 28, Nokomis Community Park, 234 East Nippino Trail, Nokomis.
- June 29, Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, 801 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.
To view individual property parcels, visit SCGov.net/ floodmaps. For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit SCGov. net.